Wednesday, September 26, 2012

The Time is Now

Our first two students arrived today!! This is so surreal! One is from Korea and the other from Amsterdam! These past two weeks have absolutely flown.. I can only imagine how fast these next 5+ months will go! 

As you all know I did my DTS last fall in Australia and am now living in Kona, Hawaii staffing a DTS. We have 23 students, so these past two weeks we have been working like crazy to get the classroom together, put together our student manuals, clean/organize, figure out this housing madness, and so much more! This is the biggest quarter for the YWAM Kona base in history! I am so thankful and blessed to be a part of this.

Our base is currently in the process of building housing and a new cafeteria! Hopefully by this weekend I can post some pictures to show you the campus! There are heaps of different schools going on at once, it's really amazing to see how this big of a base functions off of all volunteers. I love it.

This past Monday we had base beautification day, so I enjoyed weeding some flower beds and cleaning door mats :) 

We then had a Base BBQ down at the beach for all the staff to get together, mingle and relax before this new quarter begins. It was lovely. There was at least 200 people I'd say. The Ship team (my school) had the pleasure of setting up the beach site, making sure everything ran smoothly, followed by tearing down and heaps of dishes! It was exhaustive but such a blessing. I love when people are happy and just enjoying life, which is what everyone was doing last night! Amen.

Today we got to join the one and only Loren Cunningham (founder of YWAM) in a Skype session with a few different countries, which I hopefully can tell you about later when we have a few more confirmations! As of now, I'm just in awe of watching pieces be put together - I love sitting in the meetings with such faithful men and women, praying and following what God tells us, it's amazing what doors open, they seem to be the ones you didn't think of, yet God knew and it works perfectly. Love it.

And tomorrow will be Arrival/Registration day! YAY! So ALL the students (over 500!) will be flying in, registering with their schools, getting housing situated and many more little details! Then Friday we have a huge welcome ceremony, which I will definitely be posting pictures of! Every one that comes brings a gift for the Natives and we present them, every country that has a student living on base will have their flag represented and flown, have a huge luau/BBQ and so much more than I know!

That's a slight update of our week. We are learning how to work together as a school real fast. I'm semi-rambling because I am exhausted, but I wanted to keep y'all posted because it's so exciting! 

As always, prayers are definitely needed! I'm trying to figure out my finances at the current moment also, so if you feel on your heart to support at all, I'd be glad to talk to you! If not, keep enjoyin' the posts and watching how amazing these DTS's are! 

God is good, we are so blessed to be called to pour into these people's lives and I genuinely am happy. PEACE AND LOVE!! :)



CHECK OUT LINK BELOW!

No comments:

Post a Comment