Sunday, September 16, 2012

In the beginning...

   !

Welcome to my blog and thank you for taking the time to read this! Seeing as how this is my first post I wanted to give you an overview of what I intend this blog to look like; little bit of background, get you updated on my life and begin following me from there :)

(Also, don't be discouraged, my future posts won't be as long as this one)

(I have a tab on the top of this page labeled "About Me" which is where you can check out my testimony and a bit more personal background!)

*As most of you know I had been living in Wyoming since 2009, which was absolutely beautiful! I grew up a lot in that time and learned many lessons. In the fall of 2011 I felt my time there was ending and a new season of my life was beginning. I wasn't sure where the Lord was taking me but knew I was ready and excited to go wherever He lead - which ended up being Australia!

I enrolled in a school with YWAM (Youth With A Mission) and began my DTS (Discipleship Training School) in October 2011. I had heard of YWAM a few years prior, however, it just never was the right time. I love how perfect God's timing is because this DTS came at the absolute perfect moment in my life. I went to school with the most amazing people a girl could ask for. My life was blessed in ways I never imagined.

We went through 8 weeks of lectures, followed by a mini-outreach (2 weeks) and a major outreach (7 weeks). My team and I traveled along the east Coast of Australia, speaking in schools, churches, parks, beaches, cafes - anywhere we could connect with people. We helped in indigenous communities, homeless shelters, nursing homes. I fell in love. I have always enjoyed serving others, however, never fully realized this gifting until YWAM.

After our school graduated in March, I returned to Wyoming and began work at the Irma and The Beta Cafe (best cafe EVER). My pastor, his wife and their three beautiful children welcomed me in their home, which was probably the best place I could have come back to. I worked a few months and then road tripped home to Michigan with my best friend for her wedding.

I was stoked to be back home, it was surreal but definitely what I needed. I had many ups and downs. I felt I had a calling on my life but the way things were panning out I felt like I was going to get stuck there! Praise God, that wasn't the case!

Hawaii had been on my heart since last winter and long story short, late one Thursday night I received a phone call from a man named Jim. Jim is leading a YWAM DTS for Orange County Ships! They are using the Kona, Hawaii base for a few months and he asked if I'd be willing to join staff - I was in shock. I had heard from the Lord without a doubt, He has been preparing me for this school long before I knew it. When I returned home people would ask me what I planned on doing next, and I always said "I feel like I will be in Hawaii mid-September somehow involved with YWAM", I had no idea how prophetic that was! I left for Hawaii September 12th. Amen.

The next day my plane ticket was purchased and five days later I arrived at the base. I have now been on base for three days, so you are slightly caught up to what YWAM has done for my life this past year :)

I truly believe in YWAM's mission "To Know God and Make Him Known" and could not have asked for a better blessing to come into my life almost one year ago. I absolutely love living an unexpected life, meeting new people, and being surrounded by so many cultures. My best friend lives in Germany, I just had an amazing conversation with my roommate from Thailand, and everyday our speakers have a Korean translator - God is everywhere. Everyone is a special child of God's and my desire is for everyone to know God's love.

. . . Thank you for taking the time to read my "brief" update ;) I want to apologize to those who supported me with my Australia DTS for not posting more updates or pictures! I had great intentions, just was selfish and didn't allow anybody into my life. My goal with this blog is to keep you involved and in the loop! I would love to share the many miracles, blessings and lessons with everyone I know!

-This blog is intended to be written from the heart.
-I don't know how often I will have time to update it. (At least once a week!)
-It's currently under construction.
-I just want to write.. so if I have a great message one day, awesome. If I simply write what we did that day in class, awesome. 
-No expectations, just love.

2 Corinthians 9: 10 "For God is the one who provides seed for the farmer and them bread to eat. In the same way, he will provide and increase your resources and then produce a great harvest of generosity in you."


Mahalo.

2 comments:

  1. Glad that you made it safely....Looking forward to seeing your updates and how God is using you in His work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so amazing and I am so grateful to have you in my life. I'm sorry we didn't get to spend too much time together but even the little bit was awesome. My girls absolutely love u and your family and thank you for sticking in so I could break my ankle lol. Anyways, I'm so happy for you and I look forward to your blogs and the way you just make my life lighten up and turn a crappy day into a good night. I love you sooo much and I can't wait to follow you on your journey! Xoxo Angela Gracie and Isabella :)

    ReplyDelete