Saturday, September 22, 2012

Last Weekend Before Students

This past week has gone by so fast; preparing the classroom, paperwork, meetings.. and it has been fabulous. I have never felt more happy or delighted than I have with all these responsibilities! The classroom is finally coming together, our little details are falling into place and the staff is beginning to see how each other works/processes! 

Staffing this school is definitely going to be a challenge, for some reason in YWAM you are constantly on the go, communicating, busy from the time you get up 'til the time you lay down - this lifestyle is amazing and the most peaceful for my spirit. Without the grace of God and looking to Jesus' example, I would prolly fall apart, freak out and be stressed to the max. But being back in this atmosphere makes me LOVE waking up in the morning to enjoy my quiet time with God. To simply rest in His presence, dive into the Word and get my day started right, no cup of coffee or cartoon could be better! 

Following a peaceful morning, our meetings this past week started off with worship, intercession, prayer and straight up honesty. It's so encouraging to be around people who are understanding of each other's moods and emotions. As thankful as I was to be able to go home after my DTS, see family and friends, I was miserable. I did not feel like I was being called back to "the norm". I've never had a passion or desire for any degree or particular job, but living the missionary lifestyle provides all the riches my body needs! I was never aware or exposed to how much pain there is in the world. 

As an American, it's so easy to get consumed in social networking, selfish needs, worrying about the bank account or what my neighbor might think. Anytime I met someone new the question always seemed to be "What college did you go to?" "What degree do you have" .. and when I would tell them I didn't pursue a college career you could see disappointment and confusion written all over their faces. "I was making the biggest mistake of my life" - It seemed of utmost importance to hold a degree (even if I wasn't going to use it!) just for names sake. My heart has never felt content thinking about sitting in a classroom for 4+ years if I have no desire or passion. I have followed my heart for 5 years now, following the Lord, and have no regrets. My eyes have been opened to human trafficking, sex slavery, water and health care issues and so much more. YWAM has been the biggest blessing in my life and I intend to live this lifestyle as long as the Lord calls me to it!

I met a man the other day who is 22 years old and will be staffing a school called Justice Waters. Basically what their DTS (Discipleship Training School) will be doing is educating students on how to dig trenches and build running water systems to help provide villages with clean, running water! That alone will stop many diseases from being spread and lives being lost! As I was talking to him, I just kept thinking "Wow, thank God you pursued where your heart was leading". How many people get wrapped up in pleasing others? Who is it that we fear? Our parents? Peers? I know I fear the Lord, and thru that lives are changed. He is the ultimate judge. If you feel unsettled in life, ask God (even if you never pray, aren't Christian, whatever your circumstance) and see what door He opens. He has a plan for everyone, we just need to ask.

Thank you for reading this, it took a different turn than I was going for and I love it :) Hopefully sometime soon I will be able to post more information about YWAM Ships for you! Give you more detail as to what this school will be doing and our mission! 
Live a life of love! XO




1 comment:

  1. I love reading your blogs!!! They put the biggest smile on my face and in my heart an it's so good to see you happy! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete