Saturday, October 20, 2012

Week 3 *Music*

Ok! So we just got done with our third week of lectures, crazy!
We had corporate lectures this week, so instead of 21 students we were mixed among the other 7 DTS's currently going on. There was at least 500+ people, intense. Our topic was I believe YWAM DNA/Holy Spirit.

I had a lot of work to get done during the lecture, so I didn't really have any break thru's, revelation's or good notes. However! We had the most amazing guest worship band ever! We generally have corporate worship on Monday mornings, this week tho we were blessed to have it every morning, led by an amazing group of people totally on fire for God! 

Jonathan David Helser is the band. 
Definitely worth listening to.


This is prolly one of the most contagious bands I've been around.
Jonathan and Melissa are a husband-wife duo, along with their amazing band, that bring such a presence to the room you can't help but scream, jump and totally worship with your whole heart!

Melissa was one of the most raw and powerful worship leaders I've ever been around.
Her voice was beautiful, but the words she proclaimed were so powerful and true.
She wasn't acting. She wasn't worrying about anything. She was so free.
Nothing seemed rehearsed with her.
Her words and actions were so spirit led, I've never been inspired more.
I was literally jealous of her on stage because I wanted what she had SO bad.
 I was just mesmerized by the beauty of everything she did.
Her husband was pretty epic too, beautiful voice, just real. Refreshing.

One thing I've learned I love about worship songs: When they repeat the same truth over and over and over again. 
I never really recognized this, but in retro-spect almost every song I absolutely love is super repetitive.
This week, one song they sang daily is called "You're Never Giving Up" 

"Your love, it never fails
It never ends
Your love, it never quits
It never stops chasing my soul

You're never giving up
You're never giving up
You're never giving up on me...

Set me free..."

Simple.
I've just learned there is such power in this style of music. You don't have to have hymns, or amazing lyrics, but simply meditate on the truth. When you repeat and meditate on it your mind starts understanding it in ways it generally wouldn't. Your heart starts to grasp the truth.
You can relax. 
Focus on God. 
Let the Holy Spirit move.
Close your eyes and speak to Him.
It's so powerful.

I just wish I could put all of their lyrics on here because they are so impacting.
I definitely would encourage you to check out their music, follow them on Twitter/Facebook, their blog, iTunes, anything!
They have some pretty rad one liners too, that just make you think.
Very wise group of people, definitely left an impression on my heart.

You can go on their website, click Media, then click Music Player, and listen to their music for free.
And then, once you've got a taste of what they're like, definitely $upport them if you want their music!

Even if you don't like worship music, it's just beautiful, chill music :)

A few awesome quotes from the week:

"My dad (Abba) is God of the angel armies"

"Who the son sets free, he is free indeed"

"There's no end to the affection you have for me"

"Whenever Jesus shows up at funerals, He ruins funerals"
(This is epic, in context of Lazarus being raised from the dead)
**Resurrection**


I AM THE DREAM OF GOD




No comments:

Post a Comment