Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Randomness

I have nothing specific to say today, but I have photo's I wanted to put up to share with you!
Browse thru and enjoy the random comments :) 
No real order - Just fun :)
(Some photo's may be re-posts but I couldn't remember)

Me, Solveig, Sarah
First weekend trip with the school!


YWAM Tent taking up back corner of the beach
(YWAM'ers invade.. always come in groups!)

This was a photo I took while we were driving to the beach.
It was the farthest I'd been away from base and everything went from beautiful, to bare.
I soon found out that the land in this photo is bare due to volcanic eruption!
A huge 'ol chunk of land too, pretty sweet.

This was just a beautiful picture from our first school outing :)

This is Kyle, he is staffing the school with me!
Pretty rad friend :)

This would be Stevie, Steph & I takin' classy tourist photo's!

HITCH HIKING IS LEGAL IN HAWAII - Pretty fun fact to learn!
So this was my first legal hitch hiking experience :)
We happened to go the Sunday after Ironman and we got picked up by a man from Germany who just comes over to support/help the racers. He made sure all their bicycles got to and from the airport, pretty important job!

This is what my average Sunday looks like.. Books, books and more books!
*Currently reading Captivating with my small group girls, definitely recommend this to any woman.. or a man wanting to understand women ;)

So, in my previous post I said I've started running again.
This is a picture of YWAM style ice packs - frozen water bottle and two frozen corn dogs
Just to make sure I don't injure the knees :)
This is what happens when you have a braid in your hair and go running!
It literally compressed in to one huge dread!
Lots of conditioner and about 45 minutes of brushing.. Un-legit

This is a picture of our campus
This is from the top of the "Go Center"
The people are walking along what's sometimes referred to as "the stairs of death"


And this is the view up the stairs.
Our classroom is at the bottom of the stairs, so on a usual day I go up and down this at least three times.
But I'm the weird one and actually love the stairs! Great work out :)

This is a slight view of the "Go Center"
This is where we have rooms for our guest speakers
There is also a courtyard for heaps of different meetings!

Behind me is the lunch line, and then this photo is a view of where we go to find a place to eat!
To the right is where the peanut butter and jelly station is located - Every meal there is guaranteed to be a PB&J station, so if you don't like the grub, perfect alternative :)
Definite blog-worthy.

And at the far end of this picture is the kitchen - and this is the seating for meals

More seating for meals!

This is generally where the food line extends to, kitchen is behind the main building in this picture! :) Lots and lots of people to feed!

This is just another little area on campus


And my dear friend Madison just arrived!!! 
The three of us did our DTS together last October in Australia! 
Madison, Myself, Stephanie

This photo is just a part of walking to the classroom 
This is the "Go Center" - Before the stairs of death 
And everyone rides scooter's here.. So awesome

This is my dear roommate Cassie.
Last weekend while doing laundry we managed to lock ourselves out of our room and it was too early to wake anyone else up!

SO.. Good thing for windows everywhere
Simply pulled out the slats and crawled on thru :)

Beautiful picture from Ironman.

Favorite picture I've ever taken.

This was the beach we hitch hiked to on our day off :)

And these are the Ironmen playing in the sand!


---All and all I'd say I'm loving life right now! Living in a huge community, get to Worship the Lord quite often, working with students to send them out in to all nations to spread love and help, all while doing a million billion other little side duties. Love it :)

I'm absolutely blessed, love my non-income job and love what I do!
Thanks for following, hope you enjoyed the various photo's! 
XO











No comments:

Post a Comment