Monday, March 11, 2013

Post Palau

A'hoy! 

Man, I love when I have time to sit down and catch up on my blog! 
So much good stuff is circulating in my brain right now, praise God!

I hope you have read my last two posts  because they have been leading up to this one! :)
If you haven't, do so now and then come back for this one!

-----------------------

Ok! I'm trusting you read "Be Free" and "Palau Outreach"!
The "Be Free" blog literally came out of nowhere, I had no intention of saying any of that. The story just popped into my mind and I went with it.
Hope it had a positive impact on your life tho!

As previously stated, I will be leading the team to Palau for about 7 weeks! The team will be staying there 8, however, the Lord has called me to another task! 
Prepare yourselves....
I will be leaving Outreach about 1 week early, flying into either Acapulco or Mazatlan and climbing aboard our ship Caribbean Reach.

-Acapulco-

-Mazatlan-


My friend Madison will be leading an outreach team on this ship while my team is in Palau. They will be traveling from somewhere near Panama, up into an area near Mazatlan or Acapulco. I should be arriving around May 20th (for their last week of outreach). 
I will be stewarding/cooking aboard the ship! Caribbean Reach will leave port tentatively around May 28th and head to Kona! That's right my friend, I will be sailing her across the Pacific for a 24 day sail! Give or take a few days ;)

When my current school is over, I knew I would need to find something to do for a bit. Find my niche in Ships, take a little break from staffing schools but somehow still stay involved. One day, this idea popped into my brain to be the cook aboard this ship. I proposed the idea to Brett (he's the main leader of YWAM Ships) and his response was not what I expected. He rubbed his chin for a second, looked at me questioningly and said "Ya, I think that could work!" Immediately we went to our map on the wall of Micronesia, he started sharing his visions with me for our ships and told me they were in need of a cook! It was a total God send for this idea to come into my mind, because I would have naturally rolled into registrar or some office job for a couple months post DTS. Praise God, He gave me something active to do!

That is as much information as I have for now! I am very grateful God has opened this door for me and given me an opportunity to be a part of this amazing ministry! Our boats will be used to reach men,  women and children in isolated, underdeveloped Pacific Islands and provide love, healthcare and heaps more!

As I have said before, I will be leaving for Outreach in a few short weeks, will be in Palau for 7 and then hopping aboard the ship for nearly a month; which means my communication and wifi will be getting very slim! I hope you will continue following me in this journey!

I am unsure of what exactly I will do once the ship is in Kona, God and I haven't got that far yet. But I do intend on sharing with you as I go!

 I hope to gather financial supporters along the way to continue my life as a volunteer in this ministry. Seeing as how I will have selective internet opportunities in the next few months, I would love to communicate with anyone now as to how they can help me along the way!
And my prayer warriors, stay strong! 
God has got me on quite the journey! :)

Peace and love for now dear friends! 
xo



No comments:

Post a Comment