Friday, March 29, 2013

Gold Dust.

Ok!
We are leaving for Palau today and I wish I could write so, so much on this blog but I haven't the time!
I will keep you updated along the way tho!
I did want to leave you with an encouraging quick story!
(Bare with me, my mind is frazzled and in 'get everyone to Palau' mode)

Summary: Our last week's lecture topic was Spiritual Warfare with Dean Sherman. A word that has been spoken over our team heaps has been "unity" - With disunity we are near useless in God's Kingdom. If we can't live in love and walk in love, how are we to be an example to others? We must keep short accounts with one another, prefer each other over our selves and be loving in all situations. This is not always easy. Most of the time we have to lay our pride down, be conscience of the words we are saying and the actions we are taking.

So, as you know Max and I will be leading this team together and we have 8 amazing students! However, Max and I have not really been on the best of terms about the past week. There has just been an unspoken awkwardness between the two us. We both were aware of it, but just didn't quite know how to handle it. We knew that we could not leave for outreach having disunity between the leaders and that it would heavily effect the moral of our team. 
I literally could not even make eye contact with him and had NO idea why! I love this guy, he is like my brother, we have become such great friends and so close these past months; I have missed my friend.
So, long story short, I have been extremely busy these past few days preparing to head out. This morning I had planned on attending the Easter service in Ohana court, doing some last minute packing and relaxing for the day. WELL, that did not happen at all. 
The classroom didn't get cleaned and moved out of as planned, and many other small annoyances. My team decided to go to the prayer room and spend time with the Lord, which was PERFECT!
I, however, was down in an office waiting for Jim (our school leader) to arrive to go over last minute outreach info! (This is the great part..)
As I was waiting, I began to pray. I was suddenly overcome with a need to talk to Max, I literally felt my heart soften, the tension suddenly was gone. I texted our student Jessica and said "I am busy with a meeting BUT will you go give Max a hug for me and say 'Tayler loves you, seriously.' I feel an urge to tell him that right now and he doesn't have a phone and I know you guys are praying and feel prompted. And any tiff will only make our friendship stronger. The enemy will not have a foothold in this outreach."
She immediately responds with "OMGOSH Tayler Max said just before you said this he was praying for you! Tayler we were just praying about unity and how the enemy can't tear us apart! And GOLD DUST FELL ON US!"


Now, I don't have time to explain the significance of gold dust BUT I can tell you this.
This was a miracle.
This was God's kingdom pouring out on us.
It was the spiritual entering the physical.
I believe God was pleased with us, showering us with His love. 
This was a sign that our team had not been asking for, but truly blessed with.
We were walking in unity, being obedient to the Lord, laying down our feelings and truly giving everything to God. 
We are now leaving for outreach extremely pumped, knowing without a doubt we have God's blessing and aware that the enemy is trying to pull us apart because we are about to ROCK Palau with the love of Jesus! 
I encourage you to ask about gold dust, pray about it and see what God reveals to you.
For me, it was a complete miracle.
Literally, gold dust just started falling on and around my students and Max as they were in the prayer room. An enclosed room. No joke. It just appeared.
I get butterflies talking about it and just want to cry.
I have never felt so loved, so free, so ready to die to myself every day and give everything to God to walk in obedience and be led by the Lord.
I know what he wants from me, and I am going to do my absolute best to give my all to him, be a great leader to this team and do absolutely EVERYTHING God asks me to do! 

Also, He is so real guy's. So so real.
There is a God that loves you. Sees everything you do. Gives you free choice. And wants nothing more than to be a part of your life.
Feel free to email me if you have any questions or prayer requests!

We will have extremely limited internet access (prolly once a week for a VERY short period)
So bare with me if I take a bit to respond.
Love to all of you!!! 
Be encouraged!!!! 
xoxoxoxoxo

((Also! Short fun story, I needed $600 for my outreach, at a staff meeting we prayed about it, took up an offering and EXACTLY $600 came in!!! How GOOOOOOD is God!!
I do still need around $250 for a flight ticket to get from LA to Mazatlan! If you feel an urge to donate, I'd accept ;) I will be leaving Palau May 20th, flying over to LA then Mazatlan, getting aboard our Ship Caribbean Reach, sailing out May 28th! I will be the steward/cook on the 24 day sail to Kona!!)


LOVE AND BLESSINGS!!!! 
HE LOVES US!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Tay that is so amazing to hear and see! I am so proud of u and I KNOW GOD is gonna use u in miraculous ways! I will miss you and will be praying for you guys always. see you when u get back!

    ReplyDelete