Thursday, December 6, 2012

Thanksgiving/Christmas/School Update

Well my dear friends, 'tis the Christmas Season!!!
I can hardly believe it's already in to December!
And I'm spending my second year without a white Christmas (sad day!).
- - - - - - - - - - -
I don't think I posted anything about Thanksgiving! 
That was a fun day, we had a morning meeting in O'Hana Court to come together as a family and worship our Amazing God!


Then we proceeded to do a prayer walk around the campus, the new housing and our new cafeteria/culinary school/entertainment building!
And then, had a traditional Thanksgiving meal!


Some of our fabulous ladies, outside of the classroom :)

Madison and I waiting for the meeting to begin
(Does my school leader look like he is sitting behind me listening to football on his headphones..?)
Haha :)

I'm getting used to being away from my family for the Holiday's (fourth year!) 
God is amazing and thankfully we now have Skype! And Voxer!
Amen and Amen!

- - - - - - - - - - - 

Aside from Thanksgiving, our school has been very busy!

Our students have been staying very busy with outreach meetings!
The teams are set in stone, however, the locations for a couple teams have changed a couple times in the last few weeks, so hopefully by the end of this week I can put up a post letting you know where they'll be going and what they'll be doing! 
(As of now, Brazil/Amazon - Fiji/Christmas Island - Granada/Eastern Caribbean/Venezuela/Colombia)
Ya, pretty sick locations.
So be looking out for updates!
Ships are on the move!

As for me. . . I'm not planning an awesome outreach.
I've been sitting in lots of staff training meetings and getting prepped for the January school!
(As well as still being full time staff for the current school.. lots of energy, but thank God He gives me strength every morning)

I'm super stoked tho because I definitely want to stay with Ships for a while, so I feel I've been given the perfect opportunity to see how the school's flow, learn the logistics and have a lot more understanding! 
Our January school is currently up to 23 students, but we're expecting a few more to trickle in :)
Our current DTS will leave for Outreach on December 24th, and then we have to transition right over to the January school which begins January 3rd. So we will have to set up a new classroom, make sure all the bedrooms are cleaned, I will prolly be moved to a new room, get new roommates, prepare for arrivals, have beautification day (where we dedicate one day to literally cleaning the entire campus), and so forth. Transition time is great, but not a lot of rest.

I've got a great team I'm working with tho, I am truly blessed beyond measure.
I'm thankful that I'm 24 and have finally found a passion in life.
:)


Staffing this school has been amazing.
Rough some days, but in general, the best job I could possibly have at this time in my life!
As my dear DTS leader told me before I began.. "Welcome to leadership, which is really just having all of the things you need to work on now displayed publicly." 'Tis the truth. 
- - - - - - - - - - - -

So that's just a tiny update!
We had our Christmas Celebration this past weekend that was open to the community, it was great fun!
I've got some picture's I wanted to share with you :)
Enjoy!

*This was our cute flyer*

*Opening act: Campus children singing carols*

*Some legit African dancing!*

*One of our students Renne* 

*Another beautiful student, Andrea (from Norway).
She is a gifted dancer and blessed us this day!*

*A couple of our students dancing some more!*

*Beautiful Asian dance*

*Yanika, (our school leaders daughter) was hard at work building toys at the craft area!*
*Little Miss Eliza and I - We were dancing*

*Nativity drama in O'Hanna Court*

*Nativity Drama, with the three wise men giving their gifts*

*Our dear sweet Emma (Eliza's sister) was selling Peppermint Rice Krispies to raise money for her trip to Africa! She has the biggest heart of any child I've ever met.

*This was our beautiful water fountain at night, I just really liked how the water looked*

*So this photo doesn't do justice. But this mountain is behind our base and it's always covered in vog (which is like fog, only it's from the volcanoes) and you can rarely see the mountain.
This day, the vog was lowered for a bit!

 - - - - - - - - - - -
I have a few more photos that are random, and aren't from the Christmas Celebration but wanted to share anyways :)

*Dear sweet Eliza again, rockin' my hat at our last school outing*
Too cute.


*Once a month the strip down by the water gets closed down for a Street Market!
Absolutely love this day*

*And while walking thru this market I found a ND painted coconut!
That was pretty legit to stumble upon*


*And last but not least, last weekend I went down to the pier to read and this dude was just chilling on the beach with a nudey magazine! What the heck!? So I took a candid photo because it was random. 
Un-legit.*

- - - - - - - - - - - 

Thanks for looking at my update! 
Not too informative but a bit of interaction for ya! :) 
xo












No comments:

Post a Comment