Sunday, February 10, 2013

Palau

Praise the Lord, I'm going to Palau!

I, along with my friend Max, will be leading a team of 10 students into the wonderful Micronesian Islands.

(This is Max & I after our first sailing class..)


(This is our team!!)

Palau has been on YWAM Ships OC heart for quite a while. 
We tried to have an outreach team go there with my last school, however, the timing wasn't right and they ended up going to Kiribati & Fiji.
(They are returning next weekend from Outreach, so I'll be able to post some stories and experiences with you!!)

We are in the beginning process right now, so I don't have too much information or details!
We will be heading out the end of March/beginning of April and will be gone for 8 weeks.
Most likely flying into Guam and then straight to Palau, but we have to wait and see how things line up :)

I would love to keep you in the loop, so I'll try and teach you as much about Palau as I learn! 

First off, it is located among a chain of islands called Micronesian Islands.
These are all the islands of Palau!

It is broken up into 16 different states; each has a village that the state is named after.
One of my dear friends is actually from Palau! I met him during my DTS in Townsville, so praise the Lord, he is helping me to learn about his home!


Hopefully this map helps give you an idea where Palau is located.


This week we will be diving into the history, culture, lifestyle of Palau and learning as much as we can!

Our outreach is going to be ground breaking and amazing, I'm so stoked!
Please keep my team in your prayers as we begin preparing now for this journey, as well as finishing strong thru our lecture phase!
Definitely need team unity, financial support, direction and knowledge of these amazing people we will be living among for 2 months!

Stay tuned friends... I'm VERY happy to be sharing this with you! :) 
xo








No comments:

Post a Comment